3CX Session Border Controller (SBC) Medium
This Medium version runs Debian Linux on the latest Intel NUC, suitable for up to 50 phones and a maximum of 10 BLF keys per device.
3CX includes the 3CX Session Border Controller (SBC) which allows easier bridging of remote 3CX instances and connection of remote extensions. The 3CX SBC combines all SIP (signaling) and RTP (media) VoIP Packets from one location and delivers them to and from another location (typically the PBX Server) using a custom TCP protocol. This simple concept allows 3CX to overcome firewall or telecom provider issues. The 3CX SBC can be used for the following reasons:
- Resolve issues of NAT Traversal at both the remote and the PBX location.
- Simplified Firewall configuration at both the remote and the PBX location.
- Overcome difficulties with ISPs that block VoIP Traffic based on port numbers.
- Allows VoIP-over-WiFi in some restricted locations, such as Hotel rooms.
- “Fixes” Firewalls that cannot handle VoIP traffic correctly or which are very problematic to configure correctly, such as Microsoft ISA Server